Golf in the Southern Europe
The Costa del Sol has not been named the Costa del Sol without a good reason, it is simply a golfers paradise, there are some 72 golf courses in Andalusia of which 45 are situated along the Costa del Sol, four of those are rated in the top ten in Europe, add to that a fantastic all year round climate and you are most definitely in Golfing haven.
Kosher-Gourmet are famous for organising Golfing tours in Andalusia and the Algarve, combined together with visiting Jewish Heritage sites and Excellent Kosher gourmet food you will feel you are in Paradise.
Due to the increasing demand of golfers who enjoy playing 9 holes instead of the usual 18, some excellent smaller courses have sprung up on the Costa del Sol and Algarve and believe me it’s great fun….
I want to share with you a fantastic recipe of a great healthy salad to have for Breakfast the morning of a long day of Golf, you can even take the left overs to the golf course in a plastic container and have a spoon full when you start getting tired it will for sure boost up your energy level.
Quinoa, Avocado, Feta Cheese and Chick-pea salad with fresh mint and Basil
(Takes 30 minutes to make)
400g cooked chick peas
100g Feta Cheese
1 ripe Avocado
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 small fresh red Chilli
Fresh Mint & Purple Basil leaves
Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin
Half a glass of Good Olive oil.
- Place the Quinoa in a pan of water and bring to a boil, simmer for 8 minutes drain in a fine sieve, rinse under cold water and set aside to dry.
- Add the Avocado and Feta cheese that’s been cut into small pieces.
- Add the Chick peas, Crushed garlic cloves and fresh mint and basil.
- Add Juice and grated rind of the lemon
- Add all spices and Olive oil