Explore with us the undiscovered Layers of untouched history...With a Jewish Heritage Twist
July 4 to July 11 2017.
Unforgettable 8 days and 7 nights in Provence, where we will enjoy the luxurious 5* Intercontinental Hotel, Jewish heritage education, learn about new cultures, taste gourmet kosher food and wine, and visit colourful markets.
Tuesday July 4th – Aix en Provence, activities include:
- Collection from Marseille airport
- Aix en Provence – the town of water, inspiring many famous artists and the home of Cezanne
- Visit the local farmers market
- Explore the old Jewish quarter of Aix
- Arrival at our 5* luxurious hotel
- Welcome dinner and 4th of July celebration.
Wednesday July 5th –Saint Remy & Les Baux de Provence, activities include:
- Typical French breakfast
- Visit Saint Rémy de Provence, where Vincent Van Gogh produced over 150 paintings
- Enjoying the local farmers market for a real culinary experience
- Visit an Olive oil Mill and learn about their different products
- Tour the village of Les Baux de Provence in the Alpilles Mountains
- Wine tasting at the secluded Kosher Winery of David.
Thursday July 6th – Jewish Heritage experience, activities include:
- Enter the 12th century Mikve of Carpentras
- Explore the town of Avignon
- Sightseeing the famous bridge on the river Rhone
- Visit the Pope’s Palace with its beautiful gardens
- Enter a most unusual yet beautiful working synagogue.
Friday July 7th – Cassis, activities include:
- Discover Cassis and its lively harbour
- Exploring the Massif des Calanques, known as the French fjords
- Spend some time wandering in this magical Fishing Village
- Travel by boat into the Fjords
- Visit the Grand Synagogue of Marseilles
- Shabbat service and gourmet dinner
Saturday July 8th – Marseille, activities include:
- Typical French breakfast served on the terraces of our hotel
- Enjoy a walking tour of Marseille
- Visit the MuCEM (Musée des Civilisations de l’Europe et de la Méditerranée)
- Enjoy a scenic stroll and take in the panoramic views of the coastline
- See Vieux Port, a city that originated as a Greek port in 600 BC.
- Traditional Shabbat service and lunch
- Explore Marseille by night (Motsei Shabbat).
Sunday July 9th – The Beautiful Romantic Villages of Provence, activities include:
- Visit L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue with its incredible Sunday market and famous antiques
- See the fields of purple lavender, famous for its therapeutic virtues
- Explore the romantic village of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse named after its huge spring water falls
- Visit to Roussillon, known for its magnificent red cliffs and ochre quarries
- Discover the village of Gordes, famous due to Peter Mayle’s book, ‘A Year in Provence’
- Witness the panoramic view of the valley and mountains of Luberon.
Monday July 10th – Arles and Pont Du Gard, activities include:
- Visit the town of Arles, known for its amazing Roman Amphitheatre
- Explore the tiny allies of Arles, filled with boutique shops and patisseries
- Walk into the famous scenery where Van Gogh painted some of his best paintings
- Discover Pont du Gard, a Roman Aqueduct and learn how the Romans built this
- Tour the village of La Poterie, where we will explore their typical art of pottery
- Enjoy a luxurious fair well Gala dinner
The price includes:
- All accommodation costs as stated or alike
- Fully Kosher food under the supervision of Rabbi Hassid, Chief Rabbi of Gibraltar
- Breakfasts, light lunches, and full evening meals with Kosher wines
- All transport costs including group airport transfers
- Entrance fee to the monuments that are in the itinerary
- Professional English speaking Local Guides
- 5 star Hotels – The hotels that are mentioned in the itinerary or similar
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Personal expenses are not included in the itinerary
- Tips for local service providers $180 will be collected at the beginning of the trip
- Shows and evening entertainment not included in the itinerary
- Miscellaneous expenses such as departure fees, visas, security etc
All clients should be aware that while all efforts are made to avoid any problems before, during or after your trip, Yaya Food and Travel carries no insurance for your health or luggage. While using the services only of registered suppliers, we recommend that you purchase fully comprehensive travel insurance, to include cancellation, as Yaya Food and Travel, cannot be held liable for any mishaps during your stay.
The price for a person for this program is $6,500
Single supplements is $1,500.
A minimum of 10 travellers must sign up in order for this tour to occur
Aya Massias of Yaya Food and Travel Ltd will accompany the tour.